Thursday, November 22, 2007

Kerry Perry gets “Out”

Out magazine that is .Out interviews Katy Perry.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jason Lamphier writes:

You Probably Think This Song is About You

Think quirky singer Katy Perry's new song, "Ur So Gay" (now available on iTunes), is an ode to her beloved gay pals? Think again. We caught up with the rising young pop star (and friend of Mika) to get the inside story on the cheeky single -- which is actually about her straight, guy-liner-wearing ex-boyfriend -- and her love for Freddie Mercury, Alexander McQueen, and her "main gay," actor Markus Molinari.


What distinguishes you from the pack of young female pop singers?

Well, I don’t take myself very seriously. I think some people forget about having a sense of humor. I also do a lot of my own songwriting. I wanna tell stories and make it cool to be a pop star again. It doesn’t seem cool anymore. I wanna be Wonder Woman.

Do you think the song will be offensive to your gay listeners?

I think when everyone hears it, they’ll laugh. It’s very funny and positive and kitsch. It’s what Barbra Streisand would be singing if she were my age, I’d hope. I’m getting good energy from it.

As a faux couple, what style do you opt for? Who are your favorite designers?

I opt for the Lolita look mostly. I’m wearing a bathing suit sitting in my management office right now. Very 1940s. I love Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, anything vintage, Coquette in L.A. I like things that are one of a kind. They fit my attitude.

How do you like to see men dress?

I like to see them reflect their personalities. Markus is always in a sports coat, patent leather shoes, a fedora, or a scarf that I always take off him. He’s always ready for a Chanel party. He always has a bow-tie on. I like guys dressed up, but I also like the hip-hop guys, how they’re busting out all the neon and crazy-ass shoes.

CATCH THE REST OF THE THIS INTERVIEW ON www.out.com/detail.asp?id=23213

No comments:

Post a Comment